Friday 22 June 2012

Word Of The Day. Day 16 and 17 Beginning and End

I decided to incorporate beginning and end together, as for me the end of my eating disorder was the beginning of my life again.  So this is a poem I wrote in April 2011 which says it all really.

The Beginning of the end
Moving On
Its time to say goodbye,
To rid myself of a living lie,
I'm moving on. I'm biting back,
Best foot forward, right on track.

I will not mourn the friend Ive lost.
I hope again our paths wont cross,
What I love is inside me,
Not the figure in the mirror I see.

Good riddance to this shit disease,
The expectations I never achieved,
Perfection does not equal thin,
But biting back means I will win.

I’m stronger now, Ive fought the fight,
And now I ‘ll savour ever bite,
Farewell my anorexic friend,
Lets hope this truly is the end

Jackie 







1 comment:

  1. I believe in your strength and your brave heart - I have faith in you that one day you will be entirely free.

    p.s. this photograph is so beautiful, of both of you and speaks volumes for your relationship xxx

    ReplyDelete

Eating disorders awareness week 2019

I didn't just wake up one day and decide not to eat. It started with difficulties at work. I wasn't coping, was crippled with anxie...