Friday 22 June 2012

Word of the Day. Day 15. Now



 If you want to make a change in your life, be it stopping smoking, looking for a new job, breaking a habit, giving up your eating disorder, why wait until tomorrow?   Take that first little step while you are thinking of it, whilst it is going around in your head.  Start your recovery now :) Yes it will be hard, it will no doubt be one of the most difficult things you have ever done but it will be worth it.

But in order to be in the 'now' and move on to our future we may need to look at the past.  Therapists I have seen have worked in the' here and now' , what is going on in my life that is making me feel like I do at that  time.  I have touched on feelings and emotions from the past but have dismissed them as painful and not wanting to go there.....maybe 'now' is the time to make that change for myself.



1 comment:

  1. I think its important to be mindful of walking before you start sprinting but there are some things in life that will always be painful, challenging and terrifying to deal with so at some point we come to a place where we take a deep breath and choose now.

    ReplyDelete

Eating disorders awareness week 2019

I didn't just wake up one day and decide not to eat. It started with difficulties at work. I wasn't coping, was crippled with anxie...