Tuesday 11 December 2012

Advent Calendar. Day 8.







Candles are lit as darkness falls - what light shines in your darkest times?
On the first night of Hanukkah thanks is given for miracles, strength and sustenance -
what in your life is miraculous?
What are you thankful for?
What brings light to your world?



"May the lights of Hanukkah usher in a better world for all humankind."
~ Unknown ~



To live in the dark, to see no light at the end of the tunnel, to see no hope, no future is one of the saddest places to be.
The transition from darkness to light is hard, painful but joyous.
The freedom from depression, from pain, guilt and self-hatred is worth celebrating.
So when I think of light I think of my life, my family and my friends. 
I am thankful for my support network and my strength and resilience.
 I am thankful for my opportunities, my experiences. 
Above all,I am thankful for my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Eating disorders awareness week 2019

I didn't just wake up one day and decide not to eat. It started with difficulties at work. I wasn't coping, was crippled with anxie...