Monday 3 December 2012

Advent Calendar. Day 1. The countdown

"Christmas waves a magic wand over the world 
and behold everything is softer and more beautiful."
~ Norman Vincent Peale ~


The Countdown.

So the wonderful Tracey has set a festive bloggers challenge on the Blogging for well-being page. An advent challenge with a daily prompt leading us to Christmas day.
The fact that we are now on Day 3 and I have only just started does not bode well!!  I wonder if the challenge involved chocolate would I be so slow to start? :)

The questions being,''what does a countdown mean to me?' 'What am I counting down to?' 'What am I looking forward to?'
Throughout the year I always try and have something to look forward to, something to plan, a goal to achieve or a personal part of me which needs to move forward.  
This year has been extremely busy with lots of countdowns.  Days to my operation, days until I could get off my crutches, weeks until I could go back to work, weeks until holidays, birthday parties, weekends away...........
The one common factor is the outcome has always been positive.
So far me a countdown should have a positive outcome, something achievable and something which will put a smile on my face.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Eating disorders awareness week 2019

I didn't just wake up one day and decide not to eat. It started with difficulties at work. I wasn't coping, was crippled with anxie...