Tuesday 22 May 2012

Day 21 Healers with heart

Think about a professional or somebody in your life who has helped in your recovery and healing. Write a poem, letter, stream of consciousness or any way you choose to express what they meant to you and how they helped you. What would you like to tell them? Have you told them? If so, how did they react? If not, why not.





Recovery was not a quick fix. It didn't happen overnight. It was a process, a journey and with any journey you meet many people along the way, some impacting on your lives more than others. Doctors, Nurses, Dietitians, Counsellors all had a part in my recovery and I needed each and every one of them just as they needed each other for the process to work.
My friends and family had a huge impact on my recovery, each in their own unique way.  I have written in previous blog posts about most of them but this lady surprised me the most :)




Thank you,
For knocking on my door to see if I was Ok.
I cant remember if you knew what was wrong, whether you asked, if I told you but that's not important.

What is important is that you stayed, you listened and you came back.
I trusted you.
You had reason not to trust others but you trusted me too.
You did not judge.

You felt my sadness,
you wiped away my tears,
you hugged me when I hurt,
you spoke when I couldn't.

You made sense of things that were so screwed in my head that I wanted to scream,
You were my conscience when I really wanted to damage someone or myself,
You were my voice of reason ,
you were a reason I'm still here,
and for that I love you.

xxxxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Eating disorders awareness week 2019

I didn't just wake up one day and decide not to eat. It started with difficulties at work. I wasn't coping, was crippled with anxie...