Excuses...I'm full of them, and over the past few days I thought of everyone of them to make what I think and do ok.
The meals are becoming less frequent, the calorific content is smaller and the excuses in my head are telling me its ok.
Did I really need to cancel my dietician appointment today as I felt a cold coming on? No...I could have gone but I was more concerned about having to be honest about how I hadn't stuck to everything I agreed to.
Maybe I should have told her how I was feeling uncomfortable at the size I am now, how I am trying to restrict my diet in order to keep at the weight I am and not gain, how I am feeling anxious although things in my life are going well, how today I had an intense need to weigh myself in the hope that what the numbers said would lift my mood. I know this is just a blip, a small hurdle I can jump over without landing face down in an apple pie!!
Maybe I should have kept my appointment...... definitely next time.
My Life, Loves, Laughter, Hopes, Dreams and Recovery. Having My Cake & Eating It.
Tuesday, 25 January 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Eating disorders awareness week 2019
I didn't just wake up one day and decide not to eat. It started with difficulties at work. I wasn't coping, was crippled with anxie...
-
Sometimes, Just sometimes, When you're not expecting it, It creeps up and smacks you in the face. Picks at you bit by bit, ...
-
I was beginning to think I had set myself up to fail with my post a day for a year challenge! Since recovery and my mental health b...
-
If a picture paints a thousand words, what does your book shelf say about you? It's 11.55pm and I have 5 minutes left to complete ...
No comments:
Post a Comment