Thursday 13 January 2011

letting go..

I am finding the strength to let you go,
The courage to stop and say NO
I don't need a crutch in my 'ana' friend
Wasted, angry, there is an end.

The end brings hope, and joy. I'm waiting
To stop this endless sad berating.
Each day is new, its challenges bring.
I tell myself that I will win.

This battle within my inner self,
Thin equates to beauty, rather than health,
Turmoil, struggle you question the gain,
Keep going, don't give up, its worth the pain.

I do have the strength to let you go,
I do have the courage to say NO.
I do not need my 'Ana' friend,
I can see the light, I am nearing the end.

Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eating disorders awareness week 2019

I didn't just wake up one day and decide not to eat. It started with difficulties at work. I wasn't coping, was crippled with anxie...