Saturday 25 December 2010

Happy christmas everyone..

Well Its 3.20am, Christmas morning, the family are asleep and I am sat here moulting feathers from my angel costume all over the sofa!!  Santa has already been as there is a stack of pressies under the tree  :)  Well although my halo has slipped slightly I have been a good girl for most of the year!
Christmas day tomorrow, well it is actually Christmas day now but when I eventually go to bed then get up about 3 hours later the day will be here.
Potatoes are peeled, sprouts sorted (pre-packed and 4 minutes in the microwave,,ssh don't tell)  Meat is defrosting, all I need to do is eat it.
I am feeling pretty positive about tomorrow.  My body is changing shape and I can tell the difference.  I almost need to undo the zip before I pull my jeans down, my boobs are slowly reappearing and the tell tale hip bones are surrounding themselves with a little padding.
How do I feel about this?  Not too bad...a little scared sometimes but on the whole a lot more accepting of how I look and how I feel about my body image.  How  I look does not determine the person I am, or how others will see me.  I am looking forward to this Christmas, spending it with friends who do not judge, who know me for the real person that I am and who are there ready to support me or help when I may struggle.  To all of you I say thank you, I couldn't do it on my own.
A very merry Christmas to all of you, I wish you all happiness and inner peace.  It is a difficult time of the year and hope you can stay strong. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eating disorders awareness week 2019

I didn't just wake up one day and decide not to eat. It started with difficulties at work. I wasn't coping, was crippled with anxie...