Tuesday 23 November 2010

Day Two

I have come to the conclusion this morning that recovery is a bit like being pregnant!!!  the swollen belly, bad wind (Hubby calls me Mrs Methane) and ridicolous food cravings...peanut butter and chocolate spread being at the top of my list!!  The difference being apart from the obvious is I will be heavier but will be healthy as well as having a new life...
I can honestly say the last few weeks have been a struggle, a challenge, a daily living nightmare, but one which I have fully had the suport from family and friends.  I would like to say it is getting easier but it isnt...i know there is hope and that hope is in me :)  positivity does remain although at times it may not seem that way.

positives of the past month.
Not only have I thrown away my scales, but i hit them with a hammer!!  To quote from the We Bit Back Website, 'The person I am is not defined by a number,' Very true.  It was difficult to adjust to at first as it was so very part of my daily routine to the point of being an obsession.  jumping on the scales several times a day can only be counter productive although i do not dismiss the fact that to remove them from your life can be an impossible feat.  What works for me may not work for others.

write a meal plan.
I love lists, I thrive on lists.  I love to cross things off lists, and the lists are endless.
I worked on my meal plan with an ED nurse and a dietician, and it was a lot more difficult than i thought.  I now take every day as it comes. Dont beat myself up over a slight hiccup and start the next day afresh.  Onwards and upwards.

Less of the boring stuff and on to the nitty gritty.....CAKE!!!!
Had a really busy but positive and productive weekend as it was both my husband and Sons Birthday.  As you can imagine this involved lots of alcohol, friends and cake.

I adapted a recipe to make a delicious white chocolate and malteser cheesecake...so here goes...
(im not wonderful on measurements and just tend to throw things in and hope for the best)

malteser cheesecake
Base. melt 2 oz of unsalted butter in a pan, add about 8 crushed digestive biscuits and handful of whole chocolate chips and combine well. Press into a lined sandwich tin.  Put into fridge and chill well.

Filling.  Whisk 2oz of castor sugar with 200ml of fresh double cream until thick.  In a seperate bowl beat 200ml of soft cream cheese until smooth, add 200ml of creme fraiche and beat until thick.  Fold cheese mixture into cream mixture with 10ml of vanilla extract.
Pour mixture on top of biscuit base and decorate with maltesers and white chocolate.  freeze until firm for several hrs.  take out of freezer approx 45 mins before serving and serve at room temp.
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eating disorders awareness week 2019

I didn't just wake up one day and decide not to eat. It started with difficulties at work. I wasn't coping, was crippled with anxie...