Monday 2 July 2012

Back To The Grindstone

Not so long ago I wrote a post on 'purpose.' Today I got that purpose back.
After being absent from Work since mid March after an operation, the occupational health Dr has agreed that I can return to work this Friday on light duties. I couldn't be happier.
Although at first being away from work was a neccessity due to my physical limitations, when my mobility increased so did my boredom!!  I had a need for mental stimulation, to be part of a team again, to be active,to stop internet shopping, to have a purpose.
I remember vividly my return to work during recovery from Anorexia and how stressful It was.  The paranoia from eating in front of my colleagues, the worry about people making comments about my appearance, the constant feelings off failure and shame at the stigma of mental illness. The majority of the females within our staff team would 'body bash,' regularly. The fat talk and diet talk would make me turn on my heel and is something which I still find difficult.
Thankfully this time, my return to work will be different.  I do worry about putting increased pressure on the team due to my issues with mobility and my need to use a stick, but have been assured they will be well supported as will I.  They are a great group of people and some are good friends of mine.  I have no doubts that I will be welcomed back and helped to feel part of the team again. It is so good to feel useful again.
The only things I need to worry about now is what to put in my sandwiches and what to wear that will coordinate with the lovely new purple office :)

MUST REMEMBER TO SET THE ALARM CLOCK AND DO NOT HIT THE SNOOZE BUTTON!!!!!



2 comments:

  1. i am excited for you ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color of your office! Happy you're able to get back to the routines!

    ReplyDelete

Eating disorders awareness week 2019

I didn't just wake up one day and decide not to eat. It started with difficulties at work. I wasn't coping, was crippled with anxie...