Wednesday 1 December 2010

The Mirror Never Lies….or does it?

The Mirror Never Lies….or does it?

When I look in the mirror, what do I see?
Who is that woman staring back at me?
Am I  happy, content, a picture of health.
Or a pitiful shadow of my former self.
My body is ravaged, my bones jutting out,
For gods sake just feed me my heart wants to shout,
My body lacks warmth, its cover has gone
I s that what I wanted a walking skeleton?
I don’t want it to hurt when I lay down at night,
I want to get better, continue my fight,
So I look in the Mirror and what do I see,
A fighter a winner, I’m beautiful…..thats me. xx
 Jackie Dec 2010





No comments:

Post a Comment

Eating disorders awareness week 2019

I didn't just wake up one day and decide not to eat. It started with difficulties at work. I wasn't coping, was crippled with anxie...