Wednesday 24 November 2010

The near perfect roast dinner!!!

'The way to a mans heart is through his stomach,' and that is certainly the case with the two men in my life.
So after a gruelling day in the slave camps they trudged home to the glamorous wife and Mother doing her domestic goddess impression!
Actually this was far from the truth...the vegetable steamer had yet again let me down.  The sprouts, cauli and cabbage were happily basking in the heat of the steam, getting very hot and wet (ooh er missus)  but remained as raw as the day they were plucked from the soil!!  Hmmph.  Take out old metal hob steamer and start again.
Meanwhile laying on the floor is the remnant of a winter fruit crumble, which had decided to makes it escape off the baking tin when I freed it from the oven.  Chicken was so cremated the stuffing was about to sing abide with me......but......orgasmic revelation....I can make Yorkshire Pudding  :)
Not burnt, not sunk, but as proudly risen as my old man on a ....oops, getting a bit Nigella there for a moment.  As they say, 'The proof of the pudding is in the tasting,' and I had two very happy no longer hungry men.  My Yorkshire Nan and Mam would be very proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eating disorders awareness week 2019

I didn't just wake up one day and decide not to eat. It started with difficulties at work. I wasn't coping, was crippled with anxie...