At the end of last year I set my self some . New year resolutions. Not the usual ones, but some which are sustainable, measurable and enjoyable. So how have I done?
- Write a blog post a day. This has actually proven more difficult to achieve than I first thought. The general constraints of daily life along with bloggers blindness has already put me a day behind. I'm not going to allow that to put me off though as I have plenty of things coming up to write about. I have been involved in a facebook group of bloggers which has led me in lots of different directions.I enjoy reading other's blogs and am interested in comments left on mine.
- Take a photo a day. So far so good and enjoying the challenge of finding things which inspire me.
- Have a date night with Hubby once a month. We haven't reached the end yet so there is still time!!! As I am still off the alcohol maybe a night at the cinema rather than a pub or Restaurant is on the cards.
- Eat dinner at the table at least twice a week with no TV. This could be going better. Maybe it would help if I didn't use the dining table as a dumping ground!! We have stuck to this a few times, and it has been nice. We spend little quality time together as a family so what a perfect way to do this. Since recovery from my eating disorder its so refreshing to have a positive outlook on food, especially the social aspect. Food is something to be enjoyed, savoured and tasted.
- To have Toby, his Girlfriend and Son round to Sunday Lunch once a month. Unfortunately Claire's shifts haven't worked for this, but Toby has eaten with us so that's a bonus.
- Write a letter to an online friend and post it every month. So far I have managed a Birthday Card to New York. The letter is in the process.
- Walk at least an hour twice a week regardless of the weather. Epic fail!!!! I have signed up with my personal trainer again starting next week. I need to get my motivation back.
- Beat last years time for The Cancer Research walking Marathon. This will happen!!
- Stop going into work early to get things finished. Have got myself more organised. Things are mostly on track. Stress levels gone down.
- Get up for work 30 minutes earlier and eat Breakfast. Seriously think this will never happen!!
Not bad I think....and no cigarettes.