Saturday 5 May 2012

Day 4 Eating Disorder and Recovery Slogans


Give your eating disorder or eating disorders generally a slogan, make it pithy and catchy – remember to capture the truth of what eating disorders are. Then give your personal recovery journey or recovery generally its own pithy catchy slogan. Have fun, be creative and feel free to expand on your slogan.


Oh my goodness, this is going to be a hard one.  I'm ok at writing from the heart and saying exactly what I think or feel, but adding a bit of imagination is not my strongest point.
I am in fact a day late with this part of the challenge simply as I was struggling to think of something suitable. So in my usual true form I am not going to think about it too much and basically type whatever comes into my head however ridiculous it may seem!!

My eating disorder WAS anorexia. I helped me to feel good about myself, it gave me the perfect body that would make people like me, it blocked out all the bad things and feelings in my life and helped me to have some control.  It helped me to make sense of things around me.
Is this true, like bollocks it is........Anorexia likes to make you think this when in fact it is a big juicy lie so my slogan for my eating disorder is....

Liar, Liar, Pants on fire,
Hair stands up like a telegraph wire.


The decision to recover and the process of recovery was possibly one of the most difficult things I have ever done, with the greatest sense of achievement. It was not easy with lots of blips, lots of self doubt and self loathing but ultimately the greatest prize at the end of life.  I would class it as a fight to the end, a fight that I have ultimately won, come out on top and got the gold.
So my slogan for my recovery is.....


Anorexia 0
Survivor 1
Going for Gold.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Eating disorders awareness week 2019

I didn't just wake up one day and decide not to eat. It started with difficulties at work. I wasn't coping, was crippled with anxie...