Wednesday 29 August 2012

Questions

Do you actually fully recover from an eating disorder or is it always something laying dormant, waiting for the moment of weakness to try and claw you back into its murky depths again?  This is something I have struggled with over the past week.  I have always ran away from conflict, it makes me anxious and scared.  But this is my problem and no-one elses.  Maybe I'm just too sensitive.  Is that a strength or a weakness? I'm not ill again, and I don't want to be, but I know I have battled the demons in my head, questioned my thoughts.  I have felt elated over missing meals and satisfied over the fact that I may have lost a bit of weight.  Granted, my weight had increased after my operation but there needs to be a balance here and I need to get that right.   Health not control.
I can do this.

1 comment:

Eating disorders awareness week 2019

I didn't just wake up one day and decide not to eat. It started with difficulties at work. I wasn't coping, was crippled with anxie...